Traffic Clerk (12662)
- Total Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Burnley - DXF
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:10 July 2021
An exciting new Traffic Clerk opportunity at DX!
All About You
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We love team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX Freight provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We are passionate about you progressing your career with us. We strive to develop and promote from within whenever we can, so if you want to develop your career DX will provide the training and the opportunities!
The role of the Traffic Clerk is to provide administrative support for the traffic teams ensuring the accurate flow of information throughout the traffic and warehousing operations and escalating issues where they occur. The Traffic Clerk has extensive contact with external customers, answering queries and providing up to date delivery information.
- Ensure all traffic and warehousing operations are undertaken in line with company operating procedures
- Supporting the on the road management of the traffic operation through communication and guidance
- Ensuring all required administrative tasks are completed in line with company requirements
- Dealing with customer / driver enquiries in a polite and effective manner
- Ensure service level targets and KPI’s are achieved by maximising fleet utilisation
- IT literate; with a high competence in Excel
- Dealing with and escalating service complaints to ensure effective resolution for the customer and protecting the company image and brand
- Knowledge of warehousing operations
Additional information on this role
It would be preferred that you have previous experience of working in traffic, warehousing or logistics operations and can demonstrate good local geographical knowledge.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!