Team Leader - DXE (13926)
- Total Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Reading - IKEA
- Address Line 1:Units 2b
- Address Line 2:Pincents Kiln Industrial Park
- Country:United Kingdom
- Postcode:RG31 7SD
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:11 October 2021
An exciting new Team Leader opportunity at DX!
All About You
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We love team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX Freight provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We are passionate about you progressing your career with us. We strive to develop and promote from within whenever we can, so if you want to develop your career DX will provide the training and the opportunities!
Leading by example the team leader will provide first line management to staff within the DX operation. The role requires the ability to supervise team members, identify and provide training for current and new employees whilst supporting the shift manager in running the operation.
- Effectively support the Shift Manager with achieving all operational productivity and KPI targets by cascading all communication on key performance targets to all levels of staff.
- Lead resource to meet productivity targets and promote positive working relationships with staff to build and develop their skills.
- To oversee the induction and training of new staff, ensuring that all staff receive ongoing operational training.
- To proactively support a high standard of health and safety within the site.
- To encourage a positive working environment that delivers excellent service levels for the customers and captures all possible revenue for the business.
Additional information on this role
It would be preferred that you have previous experience of working in a supervisory / team leader role in a logistics / warehouse environment. However attitude is essential and fll training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!