- Salary:£32,000.00 per annum
- Total Contracted Hours:45
- Advertised Job Title:Shift Manager
- Location:Cambridge - CEF
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:20 October 2023
An exciting new Shift Manager opportunity at DX!
All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We value team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people with the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX Freight provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We are passionate about your career progression with us. We strive to develop and promote from within whenever we can, so if you want to develop your career DX will provide the training and the opportunities!
The Shift Manager role reports to the Operations Manager and is to lead and manage all aspects of the daily shift operation in a cost effective and productive manner. The Shift Manager will be responsible for ensuring that service is in line with Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicator targets. The Shift Manager will also effectively manage all colleagues on the shift to ensure all Customer expectations are achieved.
- Previous experience in the mail or distribution industry.
- Previous experience in managing a team.
- Able to produce progress reports in a concise manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative and results driven
- Ability to identify problems and design deployable solutions.
- Always maintain a calm and rational presence, even when in pressured situations.
- Attractive rates of pay
- Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, full uniform and other additional benefits
We look forward to hearing from you!
Employee Assistance Programme