Operations Manager (8969)
- Total Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Huntingdon - DXE
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:11 June 2020
An exciting new Operations Manager opportunity at DX!
All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We love team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We think we are more than just a delivery company. We know each item tells a story and we know that for someone, somewhere, it’ll make their day, or not - if we fail! DX is the specialist provider of customer-driven solutions for time sensitive, mission critical, high value and heavier items delivery. DX routinely handles goods from many high street retailers and industry sectors including homeware, high street fashion, optical lenses, pharmacy items and jewellery along with legal documents, the UK Government and foreign embassies for identity documents and visas.
Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise. Our goal every day is to deliver on our promises, so you can deliver on yours.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We'll give you all the responsibility you need to develop yourself as an adaptable leader; with plenty of challenges to keep your career growing. If you want to develop your career, DX will provide the training and the opportunities! In addition, you will work with passionate and supportive people who are focused on meeting the DX Delivered Exactly promise.
This role is responsible for leading and managing operational aspects of the service centre on for the DX products ensuring achievement of budgeted and/or targeted service, cost and quality performance measures. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of all employed colleagues, third party subcontractors and owner drivers. They will manage the premises, equipment and consumables, ensuring the most cost effective and high quality performance is delivered. The role will drive and lead the change process to deliver a fully integrated service centre operation in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Evident line management experience in production/logistics/mail/ parcels services environment to at least the same level of responsibility.
- Experience of running a multi shift logistics operation
- Proven record of delivering great service to Customers and managing on-going Customer relationships.
- Experience of managing a diverse workforce including sub- contractors, self- employed drivers and PAYE drivers.
- Experience of managing direct cost budget.
- Ability to use Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email, Access, PowerPoint) or similar data base.
Essential criteria for this role
- Previous experience in the logistics or distribution industry
Additional information on this role
If you have previous experience of managing teams in fast-paced mail/distribution environments and have the ambition to develop your leadership skills, then we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!