Customs Supervisor (10593)
- Total Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Nuneaton Hub
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:22 December 2020
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To lead the Customs Entry Team, and act as the senior team member on shift to support and nurture the team on shift.
To report back to Management any issues or concerns and suggest corrective actions.
To complete customs export and import declarations for the business within a suitable time window to ensure goods are cleared in time to meet our tight service schedules. This will be achieved by working with our Customers, partners and external authorities including HMRC and Revenue Ireland.
- Lead a team of 5 Customs Entry Clerks
- Complete customs declarations (both export and import - including commodity codes) on our customs platform in a timely manner
- Ensure internal controls are maintained to guarantee we meet the highest standards of customs compliance
- Raise and log any issues of non-compliance within the import and export operation to the Import Export Manager to ensure remedial action is taken
- Maintain records, report and resolve non-compliance of customs import/export entry declarations
- Research and resolve customs related import and export enquiries as requested.
- Assist with the management of Transit Arrivals/Departures and safety / security declarations
- Maintain records to satisfy all HMRC and Revenue Ireland requirements and assist the Import Export Manager with internal audits
- Be a point of escalation for our parcel handlers / Customer service colleagues to ensure all international shipments are coordinated effectively
- You will be confident in using Excel, MS Word and will be able to make repetitive accurate data entries
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience with import/export customs formalities by air or by road
- Experience of Transit procedures desirable
- Excellent time management skills
- Possesses strong organisational skills
- Able to work accurately with a keen eye for detail
- Can motivate a team to sustain productivity and accuracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- To have a flexible approach towards shift patterns in order to be able to work between both Twilight and PM shifts as the operation requires
- Can do attitude
- Able to work on own initiative and highlight errors and actions to colleagues / Manager
- Responsible, dedicated attitude to work
- Checkable work history
- Looking to achieve a qualification in Customs/International Trade