Customs Entry Clerk (14315)
- Total Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Nuneaton Hub
- Address Line 1:Harrington Way
- Address Line 2:Bermuda Bus Park
- Country:United Kingdom
- Postcode:CV10 7SA
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:14 November 2021
Overall Purpose of Role
To complete customs export and import declarations for the business within a suitable time window to ensure goods are cleared in time to meet our tight service schedules. This will be achieved by working with our Customers, partners and external authorities including HMRC and Revenue Ireland.
- Complete customs declarations (both export and import - including commodity codes) on our customs platform in a timely manner.
- Ensure internal controls are maintained to guarantee we meet the highest standards of customs compliance.
- Raise and log any issues of non-compliance within the import and export operation to the Import Export Manager to ensure remedial action is taken.
- Maintain records, report and resolve non-compliance of customs import/export entry declarations.
- Research and resolve customs related import and export enquiries as requested.
- Assist with the management of Transit Arrivals/Departures and safety / security declarations.
- Maintain records to satisfy all HMRC and Revenue Ireland requirements and assist the Import Export Manager with internal audits.
- Be a point of contact for our parcel handlers / Customer service colleagues to ensure all international shipments are coordinated effectively.
- You will be confident in using Excel, MS Word and will be able to make repetitive accurate data entries.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Any experience with import/export customs formalities highly desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Excellent time management skills
- Possesses strong organisational skills
- Able to work accurately with a keen eye for detail
- Can carry out repetitive [data entry] tasks and remain motivated
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- To have a flexible approach towards shift patterns in order to be able to work between both Twilight and PM shifts as the operation requires
- Can do attitude
- Able to work on own initiative and highlight errors to colleagues / Manager
- Responsible, dedicated attitude to work
- Checkable work history
- Looking to achieve a qualification in Customs/International Trade