Class 1 Nights (15292)
- Total Contracted Hours:48
- Location:Exeter - DXF
- Address Line 1:Eagle Way
- Address Line 2:Sowton Industrial Estate
- Country:United Kingdon
- Postcode:EX2 7HY
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:12 February 2022
An exciting new Class 1 - Driver opportunity at DX!
*** This is a Nightshift vacancy***
All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We value team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people with the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX Freight provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We are passionate about your career progression with us. We strive to develop and promote from within whenever we can, so if you want to develop your career DX will provide the training and the opportunities!
To transport goods to and from customers’ premises, and our central hubs, into the DX delivery network. This role requires the ability to work to deadlines and to manage on-road routes in order to achieve time-sensitive deliveries.
- Proven track record of driving vehicles in a safe and legal manner ensuring compliance with all legal requirements
- Understand and be able to comply with driver’s hours and WTD legislation
- Understand and be able to carry out necessary vehicle checks to ensure vehicle safety and to be able to report defects correctly
- Must comply with on-site health and safety requirements
- Have the experience and knowledge to be able to divert cross country to and from the hub as and when signs, traffic or other conditions dictate
- You must hold an HGV 1/C+E Licence
- No more than 6 points on your licence and no DD/DR Code convictions
- Hold a current valid DCPC Card
- Competitive rates of pay
- Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, full uniform and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!