Backs Supervisor (11914)
- Total Contracted Hours:45
- Location:Plymouth - DXF
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:22 April 2021
An exciting new Supervisor opportunity at DX!
***This is a backshift / afternoons vacancy ***
All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We love team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX Freight provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We'll give you all the responsibility you need to develop yourself as an adaptable leader; with plenty of challenges to keep your career growing. If you want to develop your career, DX will provide the training and the opportunities! In addition, you will work with passionate and supportive people who are focused on meeting the DX Delivered Exactly promise.
To supervise the day to day operations on site including people management, warehousing, traffic and admin operations. To deputise for the Contract / Operations Manager where required. Supervise all aspects of the contracts service centre ensuring the achievement of the contracts KPI’s as set out by both company and the customer. To ensure that all site operations are completed escalating issues where necessary.
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve your team objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs),
- To ensure all warehousing activities are undertaken in line with the Operations Manual and service centre working instructions as applicable.
- Ensure efficient planning of resource to ensure the operation is undertaken in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- To ensure all vehicles are loaded and unloaded safely and correctly and within specified time limit
- To ensure warehouse operatives complete loading and unloading documentation on time and in full.
- Ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management to include space allocation, stock transfer and dealing with non-confirming product.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within the Warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards for the customer.
Essential criteria for this role
- Previous experience in the logistics or distribution industry
Additional information on this role
If you have previous experience of managing teams in fast-paced mail/distribution environments and have the ambition to develop your leadership skills, then we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!