Warehouse Operative (5594)
- Region:Region Four - DXF
- Location:Manchester - DXF
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:24 December 2018
As the specialist provider of customer-driven solutions for the delivery of time sensitive, mission critical, two-man and high value deliveries, DX routinely handles goods from many etailers, high street retailers including homeware, and a wide range of items from many industry sectors including legal papers, jewellery, optical lenses, pharmacy items and high street fashion.
We think we are more than just a delivery company. We know each consignment tells a story and we know that for someone somewhere, it’ll make their day or not if we fail.
It could be a passport for a ski holiday. The watch that’ll make the perfect birthday gift, or the commercial contract giving a client’s overseas expansion the green light.
Warehouse Operative Job Description
The Warehouse Operative will ensure the efficient unloading and loading of stock from vehicles into and from the warehouse. The Warehouse Operative will ensure the delivery operation has the correct stock on board at all times to complete the delivery routes. The Warehouse Operative works closely on behalf of our customers to ensure they are receiving the correct freight at the correct time and upholding our promise of delivering exactly.
- Experience of dealing with high volume cross docking and warehousing operations
- Ability to manoeuvre stock by hand
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills – The ability to interpret and complete paperwork
- Excellent communicator
- Pro active – Works with the management team to proactively identify improvements to the workplace.
- Works well under pressure and too tight deadlines
- Takes pride in delivering exceptional customer service