Team Leader - DXE (12876)
- Salary:£9.71 per hour
- Total Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Norwich - DXE
- Address Line 1:19a Memorial Way, Broadlands Business Park
- Country:United Kingdom
- Postcode:NR7 0WH
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:31 October 2021
An exciting new Team Leader opportunity at DX!
All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We love team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. This could be the passport you need for the holiday of your dreams or that special gift for a loved one. We have a team of over 3,000 hard-working and enthusiastic people who think we are more than just a delivery company. We know each consignment tells a story and we know that for someone somewhere, it’ll make their day when we deliver exactly on time, every time.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We'll give you all the responsibility you need to develop yourself as an adaptable leader; with plenty of challenges to keep your career growing. If you want to develop your career, DX will provide the training and the opportunities! In addition, you will work with passionate and supportive people who are focused on meeting the DX Delivered Exactly promise.
To manage the day to day running of the team on shift in ensuring all aspects of the operation is completed in a Customer focused, secure and cost effective way. Making sure our 5C’s are key in everything we do: Customer, Cost & Productivity, Cash, Colleagues, Core.
- To use company systems to create and update deliveries and to locate, track and trace items.
- To communicate with all relevant departments and build strong relationships with the Customer call centre.
- Answer Customer queries in a fast efficient way.
- To actively promote and encourage a ‘’can do’’ attitude and approach with the team.
- Daily communication with Life Style Couriers, setting the Customer standards and expectations, feedback Signature Rates,
- FTSA , FTSD and any relevant Customer KPI.
- Full briefings to the Team and Couriers with any New Customer or any Customer at Risk.
- Working closely with the C& D Manager in the running of the Lifestyle Couriers, ensuring compliances and performances are monitored.
- Conduct annual performance reviews, improving multi skill training and productivity.
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with our Standard Operations Processes.
- Ensuring KPI’S are achieved through effective control, monitoring and review.
- Implement and maintain Health and Safety and Security Policies.
- To adhere to a Strict Security Policy throughout the Service Centre.
- To perform any other duty as reasonably requested by a Senior Manager.
Essential criteria for this role
- Previous experience in the mail or distribution industry
Additional information on this role
If you have previous experience of managing teams in fast-paced mail/distribution environments and have the ambition to develop your leadership skills, then we would love to hear from you.
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!