Shift Manager (5645)
- Salary:£22'000 to £25'000
- Region:Region Five - DXF
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:31 January 2019
As the specialist provider of customer-driven solutions for the delivery of time sensitive, mission critical, two-man and high value deliveries, DX routinely handles goods from many etailers, high street retailers including homeware, and a wide range of items from many industry sectors including legal papers, jewellery, optical lenses, pharmacy items and high street fashion.
We think we are more than just a delivery company. We know each consignment tells a story and we know that for someone somewhere, it’ll make their day or not if we fail.
It could be a passport for a ski holiday. The watch that’ll make the perfect birthday gift, or the commercial contract giving a client’s overseas expansion the green light.
Shift Manager Job Description
The Shift Manager role reports to the Operations Manager and is to lead and manage all aspects of the daily shift operation in a cost effective and productive manner. The Shift Manager will be responsible for ensuring that service is in line with Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicator targets. The Shift Manager will also effectively manage all colleagues on the shift to ensure all Customer expectations are achieved.
- Previous experience in the mail or distribution industry.
- Previous experience in managing a team.
- Able to produce progress reports in a concise manner.
- Ability to work on own initiative and results driven
- Ability to identify problems and design deployable solutions.
- Always maintain a calm and rational presence, even when in pressured situations.