Operations Manager (6604)
- Region:Hubs & Trunking
- Location:Nuneaton - DXE
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:15 May 2019
As the specialist provider of customer-driven solutions for the delivery of time sensitive, mission critical, two-man and high value deliveries, DX routinely handles goods from many etailers, high street retailers including homeware, and a wide range of items from many industry sectors including legal papers, jewellery, optical lenses, pharmacy items and high street fashion.
We think we are more than just a delivery company. We know each consignment tells a story and we know that for someone somewhere, it’ll make their day or not if we fail.
It could be a passport for a ski holiday. The watch that’ll make the perfect birthday gift, or the commercial contract giving a client’s overseas expansion the green light.
Operations Manager Job Description
The Operations Manager report to the General Manager. The Operations Manager role is responsible for leading and managing operational aspects of the service centre on for the DX products ensuring achievement of budgeted and/or targeted service, cost and quality performance measures. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective management of all employed colleagues, third party subcontractors and owner drivers. They will manage the premises, equipment and consumables, ensuring the most cost effective and high quality performance is delivered. The role will drive and lead the change process to deliver a fully integrated service centre operation in conjunction with the General Manager.
- Evident line management experience in production/logistics/mail/ parcels services environment to at least the same level of responsibility.
- Proven record of delivering great service to Customers and managing on-going Customer relationships.
- Experience of managing a diverse workforce including sub- contractors, self- employed drivers and PAYE drivers.
- Experience of managing direct cost budget.
- Ability to use Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email, Access, PowerPoint) or similar data base.