IT Test Analyst (7399)
- Total Contracted Hours:40
- Location:Liverpool IT
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:30 August 2019
An exciting new Test Analyst opportunity at DX!
All About You
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We love team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. This could be the passport you need for the holiday of your dreams or that special gift for a loved one.
We have a team of over 3,000 hard-working and enthusiastic people who think we are more than just a delivery company. We know each consignment tells a story and we know that for someone somewhere, it’ll make their day when we deliver exactly on time, every time.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We are passionate about you developing your career with us; if you want to develop your career, DX will provide the training and the opportunities! Whatever you choose, you will work with passionate and supportive people who are focused on meeting the DX Delivered Exactly promise.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced test analyst to join a vibrant, multi-skilled team working in a fast paced environment on a variety of applications and systems. With opportunities to work on green field projects you will be working as part of an established IT team. You will be a dynamic self-starter that can demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects/streams concurrently and have the ability to pick up knowledge regarding operational processes quickly to deliver ‘realistic’ testing. Strong personal organisational skills and attention to detail are key to the success of this role.
- Reporting to the Test Team Lead this role involves mainly manual testing with the option to use and improve existing test tool frameworks.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location but still be part of the test team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working closely with Business Analysts, Technical Leads and test team colleagues to understand applications and develop test documentation, either by creating new or modifying existing test documents.
- Thorough experience of defect management including liaising with third parties
- Test Reporting: provide timely updates to the test team lead and project members and highlight potential risks or delays early.
- Contribute to the on-going development of testing processes and methodologies
Key Technical Skills
- Extensive experience of testing within a fast paced IT environment where priorities can change on a daily basis
- Experience of integration and system testing within a multi-tiered architecture
- Experience of analysing specifications and design documents and using them as a test basis for planning and estimation
- Produce test documentation in accordance with specified tools and test methodologies.
- Provide test estimates and work with the test team lead to schedule and manage test execution to agreed timescales
- Solid experience of structured testing techniques
- Solid SQL Server knowledge with experience of retrieving data from a complex network of databases
- Identify test data requirements and understand how to inject this data to test effectively
- Must hold the ISTQB foundation level certified tester qualification and be ready to step up to advanced level testing certifications
- Experience of Atlassian products; JIRA for defect management and Confluence for documentation & collaboration
- Experience of maintaining and configuring test environments
- Experience of testing changes in a production environment post implementation
- Testing of web services – i.e. SOAP including building test projects in ReadyAPi
- Knowledge of the Distribution/Mail delivery industries
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
We look forward to hearing from you!