7.5t Driver (7584)
- Salary:Competitive Salary
- Total Contracted Hours:48
- Location:Manchester - DXF
- Position Type:Permanent
- Closing Date:11 September 2019
An exciting new 7.5t Driver opportunity at DX!
To deliver customers’ products to the required premises ensuring all customers receive exceptional customer service as part of a multi-drop delivery route. The driver will ensure that all products are transported safely to the customers’ premises, treating their freight as if it were their own.
- Represent DX in a professional manner at all times
- Drive vehicles in a safe and legal manner ensuring compliance with all legal and company requirements at all times
- All daily checks are undertaken ensuring defects are immediately reported and correct paperwork completed
- Ensure all product are scanned using DX scanning equipment
- Ensure all deliveries are loaded safely prior to leaving the depot
- Observe DX procedures and policies at all times
- Manage your routing to ensure premium and timed deliveries are achieved
- Ensure the correct equipment and PPE, (personal protective equipment) is in good order and used at all times
- Ensure all delivery and on road issues are reported to the traffic office immediately
- Ensure the customer receives their deliveries in excellent condition every time
- Deal with any customer issues in a polite and effective manner
- Ensure collections are made in line with given instructions and times
- Must hold C1 or above on licence with valid DQC and Tacho card
- Maximum of 6 points on licence and no bans
- Takes pride in delivering exceptional customer service
- Ability to build a rapport with customers
- Attractive rates of pay
- Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership, full uniform and other additional benefits
- As a 7.5t driver, and part of the DX family, you will have the opportunity to progress further and to receive training in the future to attain HGV C+E as part of our Driver Academy once you have qualified for the scheme.
All about you
You will be friendly, hard-working and love the buzz of getting things done. We value team players and here at DX we are committed to providing our people with the technical and personal skills to progress their careers.
We are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. DX Freight provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles. Our brand is what we do every day and our values set the tone for how we want our colleagues to go about their business of delivering the Delivered Exactly promise.
What will it feel like to be part of our team?
At DX, we know our people are our foundation of success. We are passionate about your career progression with us. We strive to develop and promote from within whenever we can, so if you want to develop your career DX will provide the training and the opportunities!
We look forward to hearing from you!